As you are a bearded dragon pet owner, you know bearded dragons are very adventurous and omnivores. Also, you can feed them vegetable or animal types of food.
So in the vegetable diet you know lots of vegetables can be fed them, But did you feed them Green Beans as food for bearded dragons?. Also, Do you know if can bearded dragon eat green beans?
Can Bearded Dragons Eat Green Beans?
Considered green beans have some Nutritious benefits – Yes! Bearded Dragon Eat Green Beans and You Can Feed Green Beans to Bearded Dragon
What kind of Nutrious have green beans for bearded dragons?
Green beans have a strong amount of nutrition for bearded dragons. Cause feeding vegetables for bearded dragons you are following a 75%-80% bearded dragon diet.
You must check the nutritious field of green bean
- Vitamins A, C, and K: When it comes to your bearded dragon’s health, three vitamins take center stage: K, A, and C. Vitamin K is like the shield that defends against pesky illnesses and keeps your pet feeling its best. Vitamin A helps bearded dragons eyesight and Vitamin C maintains a healthy circulatory system
- Green Beans have Iron: Green Bean is not only a nutrient for us it is also a nutrient for our little dragon buddies. Also, they can benefit from it too. Iron plays a vital role in promoting healthy blood flow, and keeping your pet lively and active.
- Green Beans have “Fiber”: Fiber Helps to get good digestion of a bearded dragon. So to ensure proper digestion of a beardie, green beans come up.
- Folic Acid: Green beans have Folic Acid. What does Folic Acid do?. Folic acid is the building block for healthy tissues and cells. Just think of it as the architect behind your bearded dragon’s body, making sure everything is healthy.
- Calcium: Green Beans have Calcium. And you must know how important Calcium is. Calcium is the cornerstone of your bearded dragon’s health. It also makes their bones, muscles, and tissues strong and resilient.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is very important for the muscle development of a bearded dragon. So green beans have Magnesium.
When it comes to brain and muscle development, magnesium is the MVP. It ensures your dragon’s cognitive and physical growth are on the right track.
- Potassium: Potassium is the balancing act that keeps everything in check. It helps your Bearded dragon retain water, maintains a healthy blood pressure, and keeps their nervous system running smoothly
- Protein and Sugar: Green beans have a small amount of sugar and protein.
How many Nutritional Value Of Green Beans?
Why you cannot feed Green beans daily to a bearded dragon?
You see, the idea of feeding green beans to your bearded dragon might sound tempting. After all, green beans are packed with nutrients and vitamins.
Plus, they’re super crunchy and have a pleasant texture. All of this makes them seem like an excellent addition to your bearded dragon’s diet, right?
But here’s where the plot thickens.
Green beans contain something called oxalates. These little compounds can throw a monkey wrench into the whole dietary plan for your scaly friend.
How, you ask? Well, oxalates have this not-so-friendly habit of messing with the absorption of calcium in your bearded dragon’s body.
So end of this, if your bearded dragon eats too much oxalate food it will be harmful for them. Cause there is a chance to get metabolic bone disease (MBD).
MBD is a nasty disease that can make your bearded dragon’s bones as fragile as glass.
Imagine if your bones could shatter at the slightest bump – that’s what MBD does to them.
It’s like living in a glass house, but not the cool kind.
So now you can ask me…
How you can feed Green beans to a Bearded Dragon?
You can feed them raw or cooked. There are no issues with that. But I will suggest you feed them raw green beans to a bearded dragon.
Cause cooked green beans can lose some nutrition. So raw green beans are better than cooked.
How often you can feed green beans to a bearded dragon?
As green beans have oxalates that’s why you cannot feed them on a daily basis. You can feed some as a treat.
And always try to mix up the food so they can get healthy.
So now you can freely feed green beans to your bearded dragon. As you know green beans are not only the vegetable you will feed your bearded dragon so you must check other vegetables mentioned here
Budgie foraging toys is a toy for parakeets or budgies. Foraging toys can be homemade or you can buy from … Read more
As you are a bearded dragon pet owner, you know bearded dragons are very adventurous and omnivores. Also, you can … Read more
So, you’ve got a charming bearded dragon as a pet, and you’re curious about expanding its menu beyond the usual … Read more